Telecoms - Making a complaint

If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving from your service provider and wish to make a complaint, you should take the following steps:

1. Register your complaint with the service provider and follow its complaints procedure

In the first instance you should ask your service provider to try to resolve the complaint.

JT (Jersey), JT (Guernsey), Airtel Vodafone and Sure each has a code of practice in place which sets out its procedures for handling complaints, including time limits for resolution.

2. Trading Standards (Guernsey)

If a complaint made in Guernsey remains unresolved either because you are dissatisfied with the outcome, or the target time in the code of practice has not been met, you can take the matter to the Trading Standards Service who will act as an impartial body and attempt to find a fair outcome for all the parties involved.

You can make a complaint by email to Guernsey Trading Standards or in writing to Trading Standards, Raymond Falla House, Longue Rue, St Martin, Guernsey, GY4 6AF

If either party is dissatisfied with the outcome they can ask that the matter be referred to us. Trading Standards will submit a report to us, the complainant and the service provider.

3. Submitting a complaint to us

If your service provider has been unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (and, in Guernsey you are dissatisfied with the outcome of Trading Standards' involvement) you can ask us to consider your complaint.